Lifestyle Management Blog

Lifestyle Management Blog
Making space for a healthy lifestyle

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"WILD"

While this is not Oprah's book club, I am going to recommend a wonderful read:  WILD by Cheryl Strayed.  It was a NY Times bestseller this year and well worth reading.  I heard Cheryl speak about her book tonight at Playhouse Square, and she is all I expected.
WILD is about Cheryl's 1100 mile, 2 month journey across the Pacific Crest Trail.  Her memoir is about  her journey to heal from the death of her mother when Cheryl was 24.  On the PCT, she learns that healing involves "solitude, physical pain and suffering."  She write about these with pure honesty and wit, and you cannot help but relate to her struggles. 
Oprah recommends it too!
I hope you read it and I'd appreciate your comments about it.
Thanks
Ann Hull
The Hull Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment